Other Tefal Recipe Ideas
with the British Heart Foundation
You will need...
Ingredients serves 2
- 12 x large prawns (shelled but tail on)
- ½ x red onion
- 2 x carrots (peeled)
- ½ x head white (or red) cabbage
- ½ x cucumber (cut lengthways with seeds scraped out)
- 1 x bunch coriander
- 1 x large red chilli finely sliced
- 50ml nam pla (thai fish sauce)
- 3 x tbsp palm sugar (or use soft brown sugar if you don't have this)
- 2 x limes (juiced)
- 5ml oyster sauce
- 2 x cloves garlic crushed or very finely chopped
For the peanut dressing
- 50ml coconut milk
- ½ x tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 x tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 x pinch salt
- 1 x tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 x tbsp water
- A handful of roasted peanuts (roughly grated)
- A few twists of black pepper
- Start by marinating the prawns. Mix the oyster sauce, garlic and half the palm sugar in a bowl and mix in the prawns. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. Make the peanut dressing and set aside till ready to serve.
- Make the dressing for the salad by mixing together the fish sauce, the other half of the palm sugar and the lime juice.
- Using the Tefal Fresh Express shred the cabbage and carrot and grate the onion and cucumber. The light green attachment is perfect for cabbage and carrot shredding, while the red cone is ideal for grating the onion and cucumber. Stir through the fish sauce dressing and set aside in a bowl.
- Chop the fresh coriander, also using the perfectly suited red cone, which will give a rough chopping result and mix through the vegetables but leave some whole leaves aside to garnish. Finely slice the red chilli, using the orange cone of your Tefal Fresh Express, it is entirely up to you whether you remove the seeds of the chilli or not, mix this with your other prepared vegetables.
- To cook the prawns, heat a griddle pan and brush lightly with vegetable oil. When hot, place the prawns on the griddle and cook for about 90 seconds each side or until cooked though.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the prawns on the mixed vegetables, drizzle over the peanut dressing and scatter the whole coriander leaves and the peanuts over the top. You can also add some blanched glass or rice noodles to make this a more substantial dish.
Put all ingredients (except the peanuts) into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over a low heat while stirring.test
Simmer for 2-3 minutes over low heat.test
Allow the sauce cool down to room temperature and drizzle over the salad.